380 Quad Rotary Shaft Encoder
Rotary Shaft Encoders are ideal for use on any rotating shaft to provide a digital output signal to tachometers, counters, speed switches, motor controls, or anything requiring a pulse input. Flexible shaft couplings are available as an option to compensate for shaft misalignment, and are recommended for most applications.
Electro-Sensors Rotary Shaft Encoders convert shaft rotation into square wave output pulses. They provide an accurate means of transmitting actual speed information for detecting rate, position, or direction of rotation. The shaft encoder produces an output signal by rotating a disc with clear and opaque segments between a light emitting diode and a photo-transistor sensor. The output signal from the encoder is then converted into a square wave signal by an internal squaring circuit. The number of output pulses per shaft revolution is determined by the number of clear and opaque segments on the disc. Quadrature (bi-directional) models have a second LED and sensor positioned 90-degrees apart to produce two square wave signals.
* Ideal for Use on Slow Speed Applications
* Provides Precise Pulse Train for use with Tachometers, Counters, Speed Switches and Speed to Analog Converters
* Multiple Mounting Configuration for easy Installation
* Wide Variety of Pulse per Revolution Counts are Available
* Traction Wheel Assembly Available – Consult Factory
* Please Specify PULSES PER REVOLUTION (PPR) When Ordering
PLEASE SPECIFY OPERATING VOLTAGE, PPR, AND SINGLE CHANNEL OR QUADRATURE OUTPUT WHEN ORDERING ENCODERS