Type 4448 Noise Dosimeter
This shoulder-mounted, cable-free, personal noise dosimeter has a simple two-button operation, an informative LCD display and an auto-calibration function. Its built-in memory and rechargeable battery provide several working days of measurement.
- Assessment of noise exposure at work
- Occupational noise evaluation (OH&S)
- Daily ”noise watchdog”
- Selection of hearing protection
The personal noise dosimeter is available in a standard and ATEX-approved version. Both instrument variants simultaneously measure LAeq and LCeq. Using the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR), Single Number Rating (SNR) and/or High, Middle, Low (HML) rating method, appropriate hearing protection can be selected directly from the measured data.
The LCD display clearly shows remaining battery and memory capacity, key parameters during measurements, and even lets you review data from the most recent measurement.
Measuring all relevant noise parameters simultaneously, the noise dosimeter removes the need to perform setup tasks. Interchangeable mounting clips provide the best fit to suit the wearer’s activity and clothing.
Use the unlicensed PC software Protector to set up Type 4448, to download data after measurements and to calculate personal noise exposure.
- 180 hours logging storage: LAeq, Lav, LZpeak and LZpeak at 1 minute interval
- Peak counting (135, 137 and 140 dB level exceedance)
- Pre-set measurement time up to 12 hours
- LCD display for measurement review on instrument, battery and memory status
- Keys and display lock function
- LED warning alarm for dangerous sound level
- Rechargeable NiMH battery giving 28 hours of operation time
Multiple-unit kits make it easy to assess noise exposure for many workers. The lightweight and convenient kit case has space for up to 10 noise dosimeters, two chargers, one power supply, one calibrator and other accessories.