String (Draw Wire) Potentiometers
PT101 Instrument Grade • Voltage Divider
This series is part of our instrument-grade line of cable-extension transducers. Perfect for slow to moderate acceleration applicaitons in laboratory, no-hostile environments. Measurement ranges up to 100 inches. Environmental suitability: NEMA 1, IP50. Instrument Grade • Voltage Divider
Based on Measurement-Specialties’ original string pot design dating back to the late 1960’s, the PT101 has become a standard throughout the years for literally thousands of applications including aircraft structural testing, hydraulic cylinder control, valve stem opening, and factory automation. Available in full stroke ranges up to 100-inches, the PT101 provides a voltage feedback signal linearly proportional to the position of its traveling stainless steel measuring cable. Additionally the PT101 installs in minutes and doesn’t require perfect parallel alignment. Simply secure the base to a fixed surface and attach the measuring cable to your moving object.
* Absolute Linear Position: Classic Stringpot Design
* Stroke Range Options: 0–2 to 0–100 inches
* Powder Painted & Anodized Aluminum Enclosure
* Output Signal Options: voltage divider (potentiometer)
* Accuracy: see ordering information
* Repeatability: ± 0.02% full stroke
* Resolution: essentially infinite
* Measuring Cable: see ordering information
* Sensor: plastic-hybrid precision potentiometer
* Potentiometer Cycle Life: see ordering information
* Maximum Retraction Acceleration: see ordering information
* Weight: 2 lbs. max.