Display & Panel Meters
Micro Series Digital Panel Meter
- The state of the art in programmable digital panel meters, counters, timers, and serially driven remote displays.
- Wide choice of signal conditioners for analog and digital inputs.
- Wide choice of outputs for control, alarm and data communications.
- Exceptional performance for 5-digit digital panel meters:
High speed (60 readings / sec) with 99.99% accuracy for DC signals.
- Exceptional performance for 6-digit digital counters and rate meters:
High speed (up to 25 readings / sec) with 6-digit resolution for frequency or rate.
Exceptional performance for serially-driven remote displays:
with RS485, up to 31 remotes addressable on on data line, each with optional local analog and setpoint outputs.
- All DPM and counter ranges user-selectable and factory calibrated.
- Universal 95-240 Vac ±10% power supply standard, low voltage AC or DC power supply optional.
- Easy setup and scaling.
- Available in 1/8 DIN case panel meter size with bright red or green 0.56″ high LED digits.
- Also available in large-digit versions for long-distance viewing: 1″ digits (Mighty-1), 5″ digits (Mighty-5).
- Two-year warranty.
Micro Series digital panel meters, counters, timers and serially-driven remote displays are an exceptional value by providing high performance at minimum cost, as made possible by state-of-the-art circuit design and firmware. Modular design and a wide range of plug-in options allow the Micro Series to be configured for a wide range of applications from simple measurement to control and communications as part of a data network.
Micro Series base models provide 0.56″ high red or green LED digits, and are housed in a standard 1/8 DIN size panel-mount case (48 x 96 mm panel cutout). All power and signal connections are via push-in screw-clamp connectors.
The minimum hardware modules of a Micro Series instrument or remote display are a power supply, display subsystem, signal conditioner board, and microcomputer board. Different microcomputers boards are used depending on the application (DPM or counter, standard or extended). Three slots are provided to plug in an optional alarm / setpoint controller board, an analog output board, and a communications board. In combination with firmware and user-programmable selections, these modules provide a rich set of solutions for industrial measurement, display, and control applications:
Micro Series 5-Digit Analog Meters by Application:
- DC Digital Panel Meters: DC Volts, mV, Amps, mA.
- AC Digital Panel Meters: True AC rms Volts, mV, Amps, mA.
- Process Meters: Scalable display for signals such as 0-1 mA, 4-20 mA, 0-10 V.
- Process Signal Totalizers: Totalizing for 0-1 mA, 4-20 mA or 0-10 V signals.
- Strain Meters & Potentiometer Followers: Sensitivity to ±200 mV full scale, 4-wire bridge connection.
- Microvolt & Load Cell Meters: Sensitivity to ±20 mV full scale, 4- or 6-wire bridge connection.
- Weight / Scale Meters: Special capabilities for weighing applications.
- Temperature Meters: Multiple thermocouple & RTD types handled by same meter.
Micro & Mighty Series Options:
- Custom curve linearization: For improved accuracy, extended measurement ranges, and special applications.
- PC-based datalogging: Allows PC to display and log up to 31 meters on one data line, plus 33 virtual meters with combinations of meter readings.
- Dual setpoint relay option: 8A mechanical relays or opto-isolated solid state relays for control and alarm.
- Analog output option: 0-20 mA plus 10 Vdc analog outputs, isolated, linearized and scaled to display.
- Serial I/O option: Isolated RS232 or multipoint RS485.
- Low voltage power option: 12-34 Vac or 10-48 Vdc operation off battery power in lieu of standard 95-240 Vac ±10%.
(applicable to Micro Series with 0.56″ digits and 1/8 DIN case)
Number of digits
| 7-segment, bright LED digits, red or green.|
0.56″ (14.2 mm)
-99,999 (digital panel meters for analog signals)
-999,999 (counters, timers, analog totalizers, remote displays)
-999,990 (scale / weigh meter with dummy zero)
Minus sign, 2 setpoints, selectable decimal points
Display update rate
| Dual slope|
±0.1% of full scale ±1 count (typ., DC signals)
60/sec at 60 Hz, 50/sec at 50 Hz
3.5/sec at 60 Hz, 3/sec at 50 Hz
|Conversion (frequency, rate)|
Display update rate, max
| Inverse period|
0 to 1 MHz
±1 ppm / ºC
30 ms + 0-2 signal periods
| AC voltage|
| 95-240 Vac ±10% standard, 12-34 Vac optional.|
95-370 Vdc standard, 10-48 Vdc optional.
3 W (typ.)
5 Vdc ± 5%, 100 mA max, 10 Vdc ± 5%, 120 mA max,
24 Vdc ± 5%, 50 mA max
| Enclosure material|
| Black polycarbonate|
NEMA-4X from front when panel mounted
0ºC to 55ºC (32ºF to 131ºF)
-40ºC to 85ºC (-40ºF to 185ºF)
Connections (power & data)
| See data sheet|
230 g (8 oz) typ.
Push-in screw clamp connectors at rear of case.