Shaft Speed Switches
M100T & M5000T Miniature Speed Switches
The M100T and M5000T Miniature Speed Switches are complete rotation monitoring systems ideal for detecting unwanted slow down or stoppage of process equipment. These switches have a terminal block inside the housing for easy wiring connection and installation. The M100T has a relay setpoint range of between 5RPM and 100RPM. The M5000T has a relay setpoint range of between 100RPM and 5000RPM. This range is where the relay can be set to trip – both switches have the same operating range.
These switches are commonly used to monitor drive trains, power driven components, crushers, exhaust fans, screw conveyors, or tail pulleys on belt conveyors and elevator legs. In the event of rotational failure, such as broken drives, belt slippage, product overloads, clogs and jams, the SPDT 5-Amp control relay can be used to provide equipment shut down and/or alarm. This detection of a developing problem enables proactive maintenance to prevent equipment damage, product waste, and excessive down time. Electro-Sensors rugged and reliable switches are the simple way to prevent machine damage, product waste, and costly downtime.
Key distinctions between the Original M100/M5000 Speed Switches and the NEW M100T/M5000T Speed Switches are in bold type below.
* Terminal block for easy wiring connections
* Explosionproof and moisture resistant cast aluminum housing
* 115vac standard – optional voltages available
* Compact, self-contained rotation monitoring system
* Easy installation and calibration
* Rugged system is dust, dirt, and greaseproof
* Fail-safe operation
* Optional EZ-100 easy mount bracket & Disc Guard available
* Optional split collar pulser wraps available
* Standard systems: M100T Speed Switch and 255 Pulser Disc
* M5000T Speed Switch and 256 Pulser Disc