Electric Power Testing
eDrive – Electrical Machine and Powertrain Testing
Power Analyzer for Testing Electrical Drives
HBM Power Analyzers are the revolutionary systems for testing electrical inverters and electrical machines. Mechanical signals (e.g. torque) and electrical signals (current, voltage) are acquired simultaneously, helping you to better understand the electric drive and its losses in minutes rather than days. This is important for the optimization of the drive as well as the increase in efficiency.
In contrast to conventional power analyzers, HBM Power Analyzers offer unique data acquisition and analysis capabilities in addition to power measurement. The modular power analyzers are suitable for any test in electrification for 3-phase as well as multi-channel applications like 6-phase machines, hybrid or multi-motor drives.
The two main aspects of the HBM solution:
- High accuracy Power Analyzer: Measures and calculates electrical signals and power in real-time on up to 51 channels, as well as mechanical power with up to 6 torque / speed signals and a typical Base Power Accuracy of 0.02%.
- High performance Data Acquisition System (DAQ): Synchronous and continuous recording of electrical signals, torque, speed, temperature, acceleration, CAN bus and much more. Real time or post process analysis for result verification, mappings or advanced analysis like electrical and NVH correlations.
Easy to Expand Beyond 3 Phases
- Modular expandable to 51 power channels for multi-phase systems or multi-motor applications
- Can be upgraded to up to 6 torque / speed inputs for up to 6 mechanical outputs
- User formulas for adaptation to special applications such as multi-level inverters
A power analyzer for 6-phase machines or hybrid drives
One System for All Tasks
- Designed for motor testing or electrification
- Measurement channels for electrical and mechanical values
- Accelerometer, Temperature and CAN inputs
- Simultaneous sampling of all signals and storage in a data file
- Power analysis, acquisition of raw data per set point or continuous storage for start-up tests
An integrated system instead of combining a variety of different devices
Efficiency Mapping in Minutes
- Input of real-time formulas for special evaluations, e.g. cable losses
- Real-time analysis such as space vector and dq0 transformation
- Fast mapping by shortest measuring times per set point
- Iron loss, copper loss maps or MTPA curves
Save several hours of time by completing your analysis right at the test stand
How to Interface with Genesis HighSpeed and/or Perception
Would you like to integrate the HBM eDrive solution into your test stand automation? Perception software and/or the Genesis HighSpeed hardware can be used in your specific environment, in exactly the way you want.
Several large system integrators have already integrated eDrive, using one or more of the interfaces available:
- EtherCAT or CAN FD for hardware-based data transfer with up to 1000 result blocks/s in real time
- API interfaces to directly control the hardware as well as the Perception software from common automation software packages
- Data reader dll to read the data into any 3rd party analysis software like MATLAB or LabVIEW.
- So, integration is a breeze, using the powerful tools available.