AR100 Laser Displacement Sensor
The AR100 group of laser position sensors is Acuity’s most compact series of triangulating laser displacement sensors. Six models cover metric measurement ranges from ten to five hundred millimeters for an unique combination of dimensions, performance and operating ranges.
The sensors are perfect for non-contact distance measurement in narrow spaces, and checking of position, displacement, dimensions, surface profile, deformation, vibrations, sorting and sensing of technological objects as well as for measuring levels of liquid and bulk materials.
All models are standard with Analog and Serial outputs to be easily integrated into every application. Additionally, these laser sensors can be programmed using serial commands through a PC computer.
- Range from 10 mm to 500 mm
- Resolution of 0.01% across the entire measurement range
- Linearity up to ±0.05% of measurement range
- Maximum sampling rate 9.4KHz
- Standard outputs of Analog and Serial
- Red & Blue laser diodes are available
The Acuity AR100 laser position sensors project a beam of visible laser light that creates a spot on a target surface. Reflected light from the surface is viewed from an angle by a CMOS line scan camera inside the AR100 sensor. The target’s distance is computed from the image pixel data. The AR100 can not be overloaded and measures accurately even when a mirror reflects the entire light beam back to the detector. This measurement principle is called triangulation.
AR100 laser sensors are fast as well as accurate. The maximum sampling speed of the AR100 sensor is 9,400 samples per second with a resolution of 0.01% of the measuring span. The AR100 is standard with many digital and analog outputs.
- Lightsource: Red (660nm) or Blue (405nm)
- Output interface: RS232, RS485, 4-20mA, 0-10V
- Size: 39.5 x 30.5x 17mm
- Weight (without cable):40 gram
- Housing material: Aluminum
- Many ranges, one case size