4944 1/4-Inch Pressure-Field Microphone
Type 4944 is a ¼” Prepolarized Pressure-field Microphone.
- High-level measurements
- High-frequency measurements
- Flush mounting
- In small closed couplers, close to hard reflective surfaces or flush-mounted
- The sensitivity has been optimised to allow measurements of high sound pressure levels without clipping in the built-in CCLD preamplifier.
DESIGN AND ROBUSTNESS
The shape of the microphone front ensures excellent microphone performance when flush-mounted. The laser-welded diaphragm on the microphone housing ensures that the sensitivity is resistant to rough handling during flush mounting.
The sensitivity can be calibrated at 250 Hz using Pistonphone Type 4228 with ¼” Adaptor DP-0775. The pressure-field response can be measured using Actuator UA- 0033 with Adaptor DB-0264. The pressure-field response is equal to the actuator response.
- Capacitance: 5 pF
- Diameter: 1/4
- Dynamic range: 46 – 170 dB
- Frequency range: 4 – 70000 Hz
- Inherent noise: 30 dB A
- Lower limiting frequency -3dB: 3 Hz
- Optimised: Pressure Field
- Polarization: Prepolarized
- Polarization voltages: V
- Pressure coefficient: -0.003 dB/kPa
- Sensitivity: 0.9 mV/Pa
- Standards: IEC 61094-4 WS3P
- Temperature coefficient: 0.008 db/ºC
- Temperature range: -40 – 150 C
- Venting: Side
- Weight: gram
- Sound field: Pressure-field
- Microphone type: Pressure Field