TE 8911 Wireless Accelerometer
The TE model 8911 wireless accelerometer combines a sensor, data collector, digital signal processor, and radio into one compact, battery-operated device that measures both vibration and temperature data.
The model 8911 wireless accelerometer uses the LoRaWAN™ communication protocol, offering a simple, reliable and secure means of expanding condition-based maintenance into plant areas where the cost to install wired systems is prohibitive, making data available to existing process control and information systems.
The model 8911 incorporates a piezo-electric accelerometer which offers a wide bandwidth to >10kHz, outstanding measurement resolution and superior long-term stability
compared to design using MEMS solutions.
The 8911 contains digital signal processing that provides an FFT analysis of the vibration being sensed. The output data describes the center frequency, peak value, bandwidth, and percent of the total spectral content for the eight most significant acceleration peaks in the vibration signal. Because of this feature, the 8911 directly provides the data most
needed to plot trends and monitor changes in the performance and condition of factory machinery.
- Acceleration and temperature output
- Compact design, stud mount
- Up to 5-year battery life
- Low power consumption
- -20°C to +60°C operating temperature
- 30kHz resonant frequency
- Remote condition monitoring
- Reduced installation costs – no cables
- Designed for harsh environments
- Quick and scalable deployment
- Cost effective monitoring for large plants
- Secure and interference free transmission