Head and Torso Simulators (HATS)
Type 4100/4100D Sound Quality Head and Torso Simulator (HATS)
Manikin designed for recording in-vehicle noise for sound quality evaluation and testing. Also used for sound optimization of consumer appliances, office equipment, power tools, marine equipment and heavy machinery.
- Recording vehicle noise for sound quality evaluation and testing
- Recording noise from domestic appliances, office equipment, etc., for sound quality optimization
- Recording noise from sub-suppliers’ products and components to evaluate and optimize their sound quality
- Evaluation of headphones, and hearing protectors where a blocked ear canal is desired
- Binaural sound and music recording
- In-vehicle NVH recordings using Sonoscout Type 3663
The recorded signals from Types 4100 and 4100D can be modified using a wide range of time/frequency domain editing techniques using a sound quality software program and a PC. The modified signals can then be compared with the original in a listening test. If the modified signal is preferred, information on the changes in the noise can be used by the Product Designer to obtain – by physical changes – improved sound quality.